Zymo Environ Water RNA Kit (Zymo Research)
SARS-CoV-2 Surveillance - Made Simple: The Zymo Environ Water RNA Kit simplifies COVID-19 wastewater surveillance by increasing viral enrichment, inactivating pathogens, and improving limits of detection.
- Enhanced viral enrichment; get 8x more viral RNA - Enrich total RNA from large volumes (≤ 5 ml) and transform into small sample pellets for easy processing.
- Inactivates infectious agents and pathogens (viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites) for safe handling using DNA/RNA Shield.
- PCR inhibitors removed in one spin
- ≥ 6 µl elution improves limits of detection. Ready for any downstream application including RT-qPCR, RTddPCR, NGS.
- Equipment required: Microcentrifuge, vortex, large 50 mL conical tube centrifuge (optional), cell disrupter/pulverizer (optional)
- Format: Bead beating, spin column
- RNA purity: High quality RNA (A260/A280 > 1.8, A260/A230 > 1.8) suitable for all downstream RNA-based manipulations.
- RNA storage: RNA is eluted with RNase-free water and can be stored at ≤-70°C. The addition of RNase inhibitors is highly recommended for prolonged storage.
- Sample inactivation: DNA/RNA Shield™ lyses cells, inactivates nucleases and infectious agents, and is ideal for safe sample storage and transport at ambient temperatures.
- Sample input material: Water, wastewater, sludge, sewage, biofilms, etc.
- Sample size: Up to 5 mL
- Yield: Up to 10 µg RNA can eluted into ≥ 6 µL RNase-free water allowing for a highly concentrated sample.
Order now via our contact form.